Work can be a huge part of our lives and offer us a personal and fulfilling sense of identity or achievement. At the same time, pressure at work can be very problematic and if incidents or issues are not dealt with, they can be exacerbated and produce trauma in the workplace as a result.
At The Grove, we offer support to deal with various work issues. If you’re facing problems in the workplace, our professionally qualified therapists are here to talk through these issues and find a way forward that suits you. Many of our team are also qualified coaches or organisational consultants who are familiar with how these kinds of problem are present in the work setting. They also understand that workplace trauma can affect your performance and state of mind both inside and out of the office. If you identify with any of the work issues below, please feel free to get in touch with us to arrange an initial session or just have a chat about ways we can assist.
Potential workplace problems
- Stress or pressure to perform and meet targets
- Working away from home or internationally on a regular basis
- Living and working abroad
- Promotion bringing a feeling of increased pressure and being out of your depth
- Bullying, racial or sexual discrimination or sexual harassment from colleagues or your boss
- Inappropriate comments or team culture around sex or diversity
- Dealing with dyslexia, dyspraxia or any other learning difficulty or disability
- Threat of redundancy or restructuring
- Being passed over for promotion
- Considering a career change
- Pressure from family about your choice of career
- Structural change or merger/acquisition bringing unwelcome change
- Imposition of a new manger or processes
- Challenges of maternity/paternity leave or returning to work after children
- Balancing work demands and home life or childcare
- Being in a sexual relationship with a work colleague or boss
Find out more about others issues we work with at The Grove.