Course or Workshop Terms & Conditions
- Offer of a place: After receiving the participant’s application form, The Grove considers offering a place on the course following a review of the information provided by the applicant including their qualifications and professional standing based on membership of a professional body representing mental health professionals, such as but not limited to BACP, UKCP, BPS, AHPP, COSRT, NCP, NCS, GMC, RCP. When the offer of a place is made, an invoice will be raised. For participants who are self-funding, the initial invoice will be for a deposit to reserve the place. For participants who are funded by an employer or other sponsoring organisation, billing details will be requested along with any purchase order so that the training place can be confirmed upon The Grove producing the invoice to the fundholder; the full course fee is payable before the participants starts attending the training.
- Deposit: For self-funding participants where the course fee exceeds £300, a deposit of £300 (£250 + VAT) is required to confirm a place on the course. This deposit amount (£250 + VAT = £300) will be deducted from the invoice for the remainder of the course fee at the amount published on The Grove’s CPD course website.
- Acceptance: A participant is deemed to have accepted the offer of a place when the deposit payment has been made.
- Applicant information: The Grove Practice will rely on information submitted in the participant’s application form; the participant may be asked to refrain from attending The Grove’s training events while remaining liable for the full fee if The Grove has accepted an applicant onto the course based in reliance on misleading or untrue information shown on their application form.
- Behavioural standards: Participants and tutors are expected to abide by the Equality and Diversity Statement adopted by The Grove Practice Limited, as follows:
The Grove is committed to the provision of training which is inclusive for participants from a diverse range of professional, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. The Grove strives to foster a learning, working and social environment in which the rights and dignity of its staff, course tutors and course participants are respected regardless of their actual or perceived age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Discrimination or harassment will not be tolerated. All staff, course tutors and course participants are expected to show respect, tolerance, honesty and integrity in their dealings with each other. The Grove’s course terms and conditions provide for each participant being seen, heard and respected during their attendance at course events. These terms are shown on The Grove’s CPD course website and in the course materials distributed at the start of the training. If a course tutor or course participant experiences or witnesses any behaviours which are deemed contrary to this statement, concerns should be raised in writing to a Director of the company. The Grove reserves the right to suspend any individual from the course if appropriate to enable an investigation into the matters raised.
- Attendance: A participant may be asked to refrain from attending training events if a Tutor and a Director of The Grove Practice consider that any of the criteria below are applicable: behaviour on the course is deemed inappropriate; the participant’s contribution to discussions or conceptual/theoretical understanding fall below the academic standard reasonably expected of a qualified mental health professional; there are concerns about conduct or level of participation in the course group; the participant’s pattern of attendance is sporadic, more than 20% of the course dates have been missed, or attending late/leaving early to an inappropriate degree; failure to adhere to the terms of this agreement.
- Fee payment: Participants or their sponsoring organisation are contracted to make my fee payments as invoiced and the participant may be asked to refrain from attending training events or may be suspended from the course if fee instalments fall in arrears or the fee invoice is overdue. Any fee payment and/or attending any part of the course is deemed to be acceptance of these terms.
- Certification: Participants will be awarded the course Certificate or Diploma only if the course has been attended according to the relevant delivery format (in person or by Zoom). We believe in experiential learning which, in our opinion, is best delivered relationally in person. Certification or a CPD certificate of attendance will only be awarded if the fee has been paid in full and assessment criteria described on The Grove’s CPD course website are met (including requirements if a course handbook has been issued). If these criteria are not met, The Grove Practice will issue a certificate of attendance instead – unless in the participant’s own time and at their own expense, remedial action is taken to the satisfaction of The Grove to make up the lost learning opportunity.
- Delivery: The Grove fully intends to deliver the programme as advertised. However, in the event of unforeseen events or factors outside the organisers’ control, such as but not limited to venue circumstances, tutor illness or change in availability, The Grove reserves the right to alter the venue, dates, content, tutors or format of the course, while using best endeavours to maintain the intended style and material as far as possible. No refund or compensation will be given in any such circumstances.
- Cancellation: Enrolment is completed when the invoice for the full course fee has been raised. The Grove runs the course programme in good faith, making commitments to the venue and the tutors well in advance. In order to fulfil our obligations to the tutor(s) and venue, as well as to support the other participants who have signed up to the programme, the fee may remain payable if a participant cancels their place before the course begins or withdraws from the course after the start date. The full fee will be payable as invoiced, if a participant withdraws from the course for any reason after the start date, whether or not the participant has attended any of the training events. For cancellation of a place after the invoice has been issued but before the start of the course, the invoiced fee will be payable according to the notice period given:
4 or more calendar months’ notice before the start of the course: 0% payable.
3 or more calendar months’ notice before the start of the course: 25% payable.
2 calendar months’ notice before the start of the course: 50% payable.
1 calendar month or less: 100% payable (no refund will be given).