Course or Workshop Terms & Conditions
- Offer of a place: After receiving an application form, The Grove will evaluate the applicant's information, with specific reference to full membership of a professional body in the meantal health or allied fields, including adherence to a code of ethics. The Grove may offer a place on the course or workshop based on the information provided.
- Funding of fees: Fees will be invoiced to the participant if self-funding. For participants who are funded by an employer or other sponsoring organisation, billing details will be requested along with any purchase order so that the training place can be confirmed upon The Grove producing the invoice to the fundholder; the full course fee is payable before the participant starts attending the training.
- Deposit: For self-funding participants where the course fee exceeds £300, a non-refundable deposit of £300 (£250 + VAT) is required to confirm a place on the course. No financial commitment is required until the deposit is paid. The deposit invoice will be cancelled if the applicant decides against enrolling. The deposit paid (£250 + VAT = £300) will be deducted from the subsequent invoice for the remainder of the course fee at the agreed amount, usually as published on The Grove’s website.
- Acceptance: A participant is deemed to have accepted the offer of a place when the deposit payment has been made or the full fee has been paid.
- Applicant information: The Grove Practice will rely on information submitted in the participant’s application form. If it transpires that The Grove has accepted an applicant onto this course in reliance on misleading or untrue information shown on their application form, the participant may be asked to refrain from attending The Grove’s training events while remaining liable for the full fee .
- Behavioural standards: Participants and tutors are expected to abide by the Diversity and Respect Statement adopted by The Grove Practice Limited. Deviation from this standard may result in suspension from the course: https://www.thegrovepractice.com/diversity-and-respect-statement
- Attendance: A participant may be asked to refrain from attending training events or may be suspended from the course if a Tutor and a Director of The Grove Practice consider that any of these criteria are applicable: behaviour on the course is deemed inappropriate; the participant’s contribution to discussions and/or conceptual/theoretical understanding falls below the academic standard reasonably expected of a qualified mental health professional; there are concerns about conduct or level of participation in the course group; the participant’s pattern of attendance is sporadic, more than 20% of the course dates have been missed, or attending late/leaving early to an inappropriate degree; failure to adhere to the terms of this agreement.
- Fee payment: Participants or their sponsoring organisation are contracted to make my fee payments as invoiced, otherwise the participant may be asked to refrain from attending training events or may be suspended from the course if fee instalments fall in arrears or the fee invoice is overdue. Any fee payment and/or attending any part of the course is deemed to be acceptance of these terms which are also on The Grove’s website: https://www.thegrovepractice.com/course-or-workshop-terms-and-conditions
- Certification: Participants will be awarded the course Certificate or Diploma or CPD hours only if the course has been attended according to the relevant delivery format (in person or by Zoom); and the invoiced fee has been paid in full; and any assessment criteria are met as described on The Grove’s website and/or any course handbook provided. If these criteria are not met, The Grove Practice will issue a certificate of attendance instead (only if the fee has been paid in full) - unless in the participant’s own time and at their own expense, remedial action is taken to the satisfaction of The Grove to make up the lost learning opportunity.
- Delivery: The Grove fully intends to deliver the programme as advertised. However, in the event of unforeseen events or factors outside the organisers’ control, such as but not limited to venue circumstances, tutor illness or change in availability, The Grove reserves the right to alter the venue, dates, content, tutors or format of the course, while using best endeavours to maintain the intended style and material as far as possible. No refund or compensation will be given in any such circumstances.
- Complaint: Payment of any course fee or part thereof is deemed to be acceptance of The Grove’s complaint process published on The Grove’s website https://www.thegrovepractice.com/course-complaint-grievance
- Cancellation policy: Enrolment is completed when the invoice for the full course fee has been raised. The Grove runs the course programme in good faith, making financial commitments to the tutors and any venue well in advance of the start date. In order to fulfil our obligations to the tutor(s) and any venue, as well as to support the other participants who have signed up to the programme, the fee remains payable if a participant withdraws from the course after the start date or is suspended. The full fee will be payable as invoiced, whether or not the participant has attended any of the training events. For cancellation of a place after the invoice has been issued but before the start of the course, the invoiced fee will be payable according to the notice period given in advance of the start date of the course:
- 4 or more calendar months: 0% payable.
- 3 or more calendar months: 25% payable.
- 2 or more calendar months: 50% payable.
- 1 calendar month or less: 100% payable (no refund will be given).
v1 September 2009
v2 June 2012
v3 September 2015
v4 January 2016
v5 September 2019
v6 September 2020
v7 September 2021
v8 May 2022
This policy is now reviewed every 2 years.