Robert Rees Dip (Psych) MUKCP – Individual and Couples Psychotherapist, Trauma Therapist, Organisational Consultant and Executive Coach
Robert is a Director of The Grove Practice Clinic in London. He is a UKCP accredited psychotherapist, qualified executive coach, group facilitator, writer on mental health issues and tutor on The Grove’s organisational course. He works with individuals, couples, groups and organisations. He also leads The Grove’s organisational practice dedicated to bringing good mental health to the workplace in the UK and internationally – tgpatwork.com.
Robert’s experience ranges from working with individuals in a mental health setting in private practice to work in commercial organisations both as a therapist, consultant and leadership coach. He has worked in liaison psychiatry in the NHS, for Mind, the mental health charity and in both large and small commercial organisations in finance, media and consumer products.
As a psychotherapist he has worked with clients with a range of issues including: depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, work issues, communication, addiction, self-harm, relationship and marital problems, trauma & PTSD, bereavement, suicidal thoughts and life issues arising from their early life and parenting experience. Robert is a Transpersonal Integrative therapist by his core training. He works using an evidence based ‘tri-phasic’ trauma informed methodology supporting his clients using psychoeducation, trauma processing protocols and offers tools for ongoing support and post traumatic growth. He also uses traditional talking therapies as well as more creative and energy focused techniques like EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) ‘tapping’, visualisations, art work, family constellations, healing with sound, breathing and mindfulness.
As a performance coach and consultant in organisational development Robert works with senior leaders and executive teams to help them deliver on their career and organisational goals, always with an eye on best practice for organisational mental health. He adapts psychological and therapeutic models to facilitate growth in an organisation and helps them to design and deliver mental health initiatives including: mental health training and advice, culture change programmes and onsite therapy and coaching.
He also supports and advises companies in developing organisational strategy, helping them to nurture their talent more fully and work with them through organisational challenges. He is an accomplished business person who has experience in setting up, running and selling businesses and he specialises in working with young ‘founder led’ companies. His aim is to help individuals and teams build resilience, develop ways to communicate more effectively and to strike the balance between being well and achieving in life.
If you would like to get in touch with Robert, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Training, Qualifications, Memberships and Registrations:
- UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist (UKCP)
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGDip) in Transpersonal Integrative Psychotherapy (5 years) CCPE, London
- Certificate in Group facilitation with Tamara Alferoff
- CPD in Systemic and Family Constellations with Janet Love
- CPD in Gestalt theory in Group Dynamics, Gestalt Centre London
- Certificate in Working with Couples and Other Relationships, with Cabby Laffy (Centre for Psychosexual Health)
- Certificate in CBT skills with Dr Michael Worrell
- Intensive Skills training in Executive Coaching with Phil Hayes (Management Futures)
- Certificate in Executive Coaching (ILM Accredited Centre, Management Futures)
- Trauma Focused Protocols, TF-CBT, IRRT, NET
- EFT Level 1 and Level 2
- Accredited TMSDI Psychometric Profile Facilitator
- Member of European Mentoring & Coaching Council UK
- Member of Institute Leadership & Management
- Member of Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy (UKCP Accredited Training Centre)
- Member of United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists
Tutor on The Grove’s Working with Companies Course
Authorship, Published Articles and Journal Items:
- co-founders just a different sort of couple (2019)
- The Conscious Manager (2019)
- Yes and No (2020)
- Myths About Confronting Mental Health at Work (2019)
Registrations and Insurance Codes:
- MUKCP Membership no: 2011165652
- Aetna Global Benefits ID: SP094134
- Aviva ID: 600125566
- AXA PPP healthcare ID: RR02695
- VitalityHealth ID: SP094134